"Günther Dietrich" <gd.use...@spamfence.net> writes:

> pyt...@bdurham.com wrote:
>
> >I have some very simple use cases[1] for adding some version control
> >capabilities to a product I'm working on.
[…]

> >I'm looking for recommendations on possible solutions:
> >
> >1. Use an existing version control utility.
[…]

> Use Mercurial (<http://mercurial.selenic.com>). It is written in
> python, can be extended by python modules/packages and can be used by
> python programs directly.

Either of Mercurial or Bazaar <URL:http://bazaar.canonical.com/> will be
good choices for the requirements specified.

All of Günther's comments (including those I trimmed in this reply)
apply equally to both Mercurial and Bazaar. You might like to ask
questions in each of the support forums for those tools for more
information.

--
 \     “To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an |
  `\                   authority myself.” —Albert Einstein, 1930-09-18 |