On Aug 1, 2010, at 10:24 AM, rantingrick wrote:

> On Aug 1, 7:35 am, Chris Hare <ch...@labr.net> wrote:
>> I have the following chunk of code.  Although it seems to execute fine, no
>> errors
>
> Not True! it contains syntax errors. Check the posted code and next
> time post all the code.
> --

Hmmm... ok
here is the code.  I get no errors on my console when it execute

urllib.urlretrieve(findu, "image.png")
                logging.debug("createRadarWidgets(): radar download complete")
                logging.debug("createRadarWidgets(): user has radarPanelSize of
" + root.radarPanelSize.get())
                #
                # open the image file
                #
                if os.path.exists("image.gif"):
                        ctime = os.stat(dbPath)[ST_CTIME]
                        print ctime
                        filetime = datetime.fromtimestamp(ctime)
                        filetime = filetime.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
                        print str(filetime)
                        #filetime = datetime(ctime).isoformat()
                        #print ctime
                imagePNG = Image.open("image.png")
                #photo = ImageTk.PhotoImage(imagePNG)
                Image.open("image.png").save("image.gif")
                image = Image.open("image.gif")
                photo = PhotoImage(file="image.gif")
                #photoimg = ImageTk.PhotoImage(photo)
                #
                # NOTE: - will want to track the size of the image displayed
based upon
                #         the actual screen resolution
                #               Full/External = 600x550 - full file size
                #               Large = 450x412
                #               Medium = 300x275
                #               Small = 150x137
                #
                if root.radarPanelSize.get() == "Large":
                        canvasWidth = 450
                        canvasHeight = 412
                elif root.radarPanelSize.get() == "Medium":
                        canvasWidth = 300
                        canvasHeight = 275
                elif root.radarPanelSize.get() == "Small":
                        canvasWidth = 150
                        canvasHeight = 137
                logging.debug("createRadarWidgets(): creating image size " +
str(canvasWidth) + "x" + str(canvasHeight))
                #
                # create a canvas of the appropriate size for the image
                #
                w = Canvas(f, width=canvasWidth, height=canvasHeight)
                if root.radarPanelSize.get() == "Off":
                        logging.debug("createRadarWidgets(): no net, no radar")
                        netRadarImage = Label(w, text="No current radar")
                else:
                        #
                        # convert it into a photo item we can use in the display
                        #
                        # photo =
photo.resize((canvasWidth,canvasHeight),Image.ANTIALIAS)
                        netRadarImage = Label(w, image=photo)
                        netRadarImage.image = photo
                w.grid(row=1, column=0, columnspan=3)
                netRadarImage.grid( row=1, column=0)