On Aug 5, 2010, at 6:11 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Roald de Vries <downa...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:42 PM, wheres pythonmonks wrote:
How does "x is not None" make any sense? "not x is None" does make sense.

I can only surmise that in this context (preceding is) "not" is not a
unary right-associative operator, therefore:

x is not None === IS_NOTEQ(X, None)

Beside "not in" which seems to work similarly, is there other
syntactical sugar like this that I should be aware of?

'not None' first casts None to a bool, and then applies 'not', so 'x is not
None' means 'x is True'.

Absolutely incorrect. Read the final paragraph of
http://docs.python.org/reference/expressions.html#notin

Oops, sorry :$.