On Aug 8, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Costin Gament wrote:
Hi there.
I'm kind of a beginner with Python (and programming in general). My
problem is with initializing a class. Let's say I've defined it like
this:

class foo:
  a = 0
  b = 0

and later I'm trying to initialize two different classes like this:
c1 = foo()
c2 = foo()

The problem I have is that c1 and c2 tend to point to the same
instance, like a weird c-like pointer. Please tell me, what am I doing
wrong?

Your problem probably is that a and b are class variables; c1 and c2 are different objects (in your terminology: they point to different instances).

See http://docs.python.org/tutorial/classes.html#class-objects for more info.

Cheers, Roald