Steven D'Aprano, 10.08.2010 10:04:
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:42:35 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
Go on, name one creative thing which was ever done in Dotnet.

Not just Dotnet, but Python on Dotnet.

http://www.python.org/about/success/resolver/

At the very end of that article, I found this statement:

"Resolver One is Windows only"

This sounds like a major drawback to me. It might be an acceptable "early project priority" if the app is only targeting the desktop, but this system additionally claims to be a "web-accessible spreadsheet". If this is supposed to run on a server, it means that it will always suffer from the "headless click-here-to-continue" problem.

It might not be too hard to port the app to Mono, but the rather explicit claim above doesn't make me feel very comfortable about that upgrade path...

Stefan