On 9/6/2010 11:55 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
Kwan Lai Cheng, 07.09.2010 06:06:
I'm trying to rewrite a c program in python& encountered several
problems. I have some data structures in my c program like below:

def __init__(self, size=0)

Any equivalent for c data structures& bit fields in python?

If you can tell us what these structs are being used for in the original
C code, we might be able to point you to a suitable way to implement the
same thing efficiently in Python.

    Python has the "struct" module for formatting binary data.

http://docs.python.org/library/struct.html

    But it doesn't handle bit fields.  Its lowest resolution is
one byte.

                                John Nagle