On 9/11/2010 9:36 AM, Lie Ryan wrote:
On 09/12/10 00:33, Bearophile wrote:

----------------

Lately while I program with Python one of the D features that I most
miss is a built-in Design By Contract (see PEP 316), because it avoids
(or helps me to quickly find and fix) many bugs. In my opinion DbC is
also very good used with doctests.

You may implement a poor's man DbC in Python like this:

I would do it like this:

   Design by contract really isn't a good fit to Python.  I've
done proof of correctness work, and there are suitable languages
for it.  It needs a language where global static analysis is
possible, so you can reliably tell what can changes what.

                                John Nagle