On Sep 13, 6:42 pm, Rodrick Brown <rodrick.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The easiest way to do this is to use the native OS tools readily available to
> do the collection and log to a central location or if possible shared
> location accessible by all systems, once you have all the data you want to
> feed into your RDBMS you could easily parse these logs using python and the
> native db access module.
>
> I hope this give you a pointer.
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4.
>
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 8:45 AM, KING LABS <kinglabs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
>
> > I am new to programming and python, Being a system administrator I
> > have chose Inventory (Software & Hardware ) as my first project.
>
> > I would like to know experts advice on the best way to build the same
> > using python. I would like to this tool to evolve into full fledge
> > application.
>
> > I would like to collect the complete information of system hardware &
> > and also software  installed from registry and add/remove program and
> > feed this data into database.
>
> > Regards,
> > KINGLABS
> > --

I am trying to learn Python programming. Since I need a custom
inventory management tool for my work place. I am considering it as a
project in the process of learning Python.

I am not looking for easiest way of doing things.
I am considering using Python . Also I would need to build a setup of
the tool for easy installation.

Hope I am clear this time

Regards,
KINGLABS