On 9/13/2010 10:05 AM Edward Grefenstette said...
Dear Pythonistas,

Below is a simple script that reads relations from a generator
(they're just tuples of strings) and attempts to write them to a
database. It's simple as hell,

Ecept of course that no one else can test it due to the dependencies.

and if I simply ignore the database and
have it print to stdout by replacing the line "depsDB[str(index)] =
rels" with "print rels" it works just fine. However every time I try
to run it just inexplicably segfaults. Help, anyone?

There are reported problems with the backend database in pre 2.3 python versions. There are also known problems with shelves being accessed by differing versions.

So, I'd start by updating as needed, creating a new repository, then testing that. Once it works, migrate the data over if needed.

If it doesn't work, it'll be tough to help out if narrowing things down to a specific reproducible test case is difficult. Describe the debugging techniques you're trying with the results you're getting, and we can help contribute with other things to try.

HTH,

Emile