On 17/09/2010 03:35, Nobody wrote:
os.path.normcase(path)
     Normalize the case of a pathname. On Unix and Mac OS X, this returns
     the path unchanged; on case-insensitive filesystems, it converts the
     path to lowercase. On Windows, it also converts forward slashes to
     backward slashes.

It implies that the behaviour depends upon the actual filesystem, which
isn't the case. It only depends upon the platform, i.e. it assumes that
all filenames are case-sensitive on Unix systems and case-insensitive on
Windows. But Unix systems can access FAT/SMBFS/etc filesystems which are
case-insensitive.

Right, so in its current form it seems pretty useless ;-)

What I expected it to mean was "give me what the filesystem thinks this file path is", which doesn't seem unreasonable and would be a lot more useful, no matter the platform...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk