On 10/ 1/10 10:27 AM, Seebs wrote:
On 2010-09-30, Ian Collins<ian-n...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
Which is why agile practices such as TDD have an edge.  If it compiles
*and* passes all its tests, it must be right.

So far as I know, that actually just means that the test suite is
insufficient.  :)

Based on my experience thus far, anyway, I am pretty sure it's essentially
not what happens that the tests and code are both correct, and it is usually
the case either that the tests fail or that there are not enough tests.

Which is why we write the tests first. The only code written is written to pass a test.

Reviewing tests is a lot easier than reviewing the code while working out what is is supposed to do.

--
Ian Collins