On 10/31/10 14:52, Braden Faulkner wrote:
    import csv
    f = file('def.csv', 'rb')
    f.next() # discard the header row
    r = csv.reader(f, delimiter=';')
    fields = [
      (varname, slice(int(start), int(start)+int(size)), width)
      for varname, start, size, width
      in r
      ]
    f.close()
    out = file('out.txt', 'w')
    try:
      for row in file('data.txt'):
        for varname, slc, width in fields:
          out.write(row[slc].ljust(width))
        out.write('\n')
    finally:
      out.close()

I also am having issues with this.

[top-posting fixed -- it's generally frowned upon in this newsgroup/mailing-list and adherence to the preferences will tend to get you a wider audience]

Are your issues with my code, or with the topic at hand? If it's my code, note my comment about it being untested. If it's the topic at hand, I recommend trying my code (or a variation there-of after you've tested it).

-tkc