On 2010-11-09 19:39 , Mark Wooding wrote:
Tim Chase<python.l...@tim.thechases.com>  writes:

On 11/09/10 18:05, Robert Kern wrote:
For me, putting the brackets on their own lines (and using a
trailing comma) has little to do with increasing readability. It's
for making editing easier.

It also makes diff's much easier to read (my big impetus for doing the
same as Robert)

Hmm.  That's a good point, actually.  I'm not overly fussed about the
ease of editing: it doesn't seem especially hard either way.

It might just be my vim bias. Vim has such *very* easy ways to cut and paste whole lines that not taking the opportunity to permit them seems like a waste.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco