On 2010-11-11 14:26 , Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
In message<mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-l...@python.org>, Tim Chase
wrote:

Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
email address.

This
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>
would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
mail address as obfuscated, would you not? So if you claim to be seeing an
unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
lying, would you not?

This is what I see, reading from GMane using Thunderbird:

  http://imgur.com/Dg1Xr

Face it: your post gets passed through a variety of systems outside of your control or the other readers here. Somewhere along the line, your email address is getting unobfuscated. The people replying are simply replying with what their email/NNTP clients show them.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco