On 2010-11-14 17:37 , Gregory Ewing wrote:
Steven D'Aprano wrote:
It only becomes your problem if you have advised people that the right way to
use your module is with import *.

And if you're advising people to do that, it would be an
extremely good idea to give your functions different names
so that they don't conflict with the builtin min and max.

And we (the numpy devs) explicitly advise people *against* that.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco