In article <mailman.1013.1289791781.2218.python-l...@python.org>,
 Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:32:24 -0600, Jorge Biquez <jbiq...@icsmx.com>
>
> > I was wondering if you can share what was the strategy you followed
> > to master Python (Yes I know I have to work hard study and practice a
> > lot). I mean did you use special books, special sites, a plan to
>
>       I picked up the first edition "Programming Python" (and a now
> forgotten competitor book) since the Amiga was mentioned...

I'll jump in and recommend the book "Python in a Nutshell" by Martelli.
It may be a little dated now, but it covers many Python topics in good
detail without becoming a bloated reference. Nicely written.  It's still
the first book I reach for after 6 years of Python coding and it rarely
disappoints.

--
-- Lou Pecora