How can you determine the next open row in an existing Excel file such
that you can start adding data to the cells in that row?  As in below,
I want a variable in place of the 6 (row 6 in the four ws1.Cells(x,1)
lines), but have no other way of knowing what row I am on besides
looking to the first free cell in column A.  How to do?  Examples I
see make it seem really complicated - this can't be that hard.

Thanks for any help.

worksheet = "C:\\Excel_Reports\\ea" + ea + "report"# + ".xls"
xlApp = win32com.client.Dispatch("Excel.Application")
xlApp.Visible = 1
xlApp.Workbooks.Open(worksheet) ## for existing file
##xlApp.SheetsInNewWorkbook = 1
##wb = xlApp.Workbooks()
ws1 = xlApp.Worksheets(1)

ws1.Cells(6,1).Value = "selection"