Xavier de Gaye wrote:
Pyclewn 1.5 has been released at http://pyclewn.sourceforge.net/

Pyclewn is a python program that allows the use of Vim as a front end
to gdb and pdb.

This release adds support for ``pdb``, the python debugger.

 + A python script may be run under the control of ``pdb``. For
   example the current vim buffer may be started and debugged with
   the vim command ``:Pyclewn pdb %:p``

 + One may also attach to a running python process, interrupt the
   process, manage a debugging session and terminate the debugging
   session by detaching from the process. A new debugging session may
   be conducted later on this same process, possibly from another Vim
   instance.

 + All the ``pdb`` commands are supported except ``list`` and
   ``commands``.  This includes alias expansion and executing a
   python statement in the context of the current frame. The new
   command ``threadstack`` prints the instantaneous backtrace of all
   the threads, including those that are stuck in a deadlock.

* Pdb is currently supported on unix platforms and requires the latest
 Vim version: Vim 7.3. Python3 is not supported yet.

The installation fails miserabily if the environment var EDITOR is set to something different than vim (or empty).
(I had it set to 'jed').
I had a quick look and I'm not sured it's mentioned anywhere in the help files.

By the way I had a quick look at this frontend, it's pretty neat.

JM