On 30/11/2010 13:33, Roy Smith wrote:
In article
<58fe3680-21f5-42f8-9341-e069cbb88...@r19g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
  rustom<rustompm...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Looking around I found this:
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/43330-unittest-vs-py-test
where Raymond Hettinger no less says quite unequivocally that he
prefers test.py to builtin unittest
because it is not so heavy-weight

Is this the general consensus nowadays among pythonistas?
[Note I tend to agree but Ive no experience so asking]

Both frameworks have their fans; I doubt you'll find any consensus.

Pick one, learn it, and use it.  What's important is that you write
tests, write lots of tests, and write good tests.  Which framework you
use is a detail.

For a great mailing lists that covers all of these types of issues, see here:

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk