Benjamin Kaplan, 11.12.2010 00:13:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
How narrow are the scopes in Python?
Is each block (each level of indentation) a scope?
If it is, then I think it is very enough because the other cases can be
detected easier or it might not appear at all in a well-written program.
If it is not, then yes, it is a problem.

Why would it?

Can you please tell me how to write the following program in Python?

my $n = 1;

{
  my $n = 2;
  print "$n\n";
}

print "$n\n";

If this program if ran in Perl, it prints:
2
1

I have tried to write it, but I don't know how I can create that block because
it tells that there is an unexpected indent.

The only scopes Python has are module and function. Python doesn't
have declarations like Perl (or most other languages), so there's no
way to specify that you want a different variable within the block.

Yep, keeps you from writing bad style code like the above.

Stefan