On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Alex Willmer wrote:

> I've created a spreadsheet that compares the built ins, features and
> modules of the CPython releases so far. For instance it shows:
[...]
> I gathered the data from the documentation at python.org. It's work in
> progress so there are plenty of rough edges and holes, but I'd like to
> get your opinions, feedback and suggestions.
> - Would you find such a document useful?

Yes, definitely.  Great idea, thanks for doing this.

> - What format(s) would be most useful to you (e.g. spreadsheet, pdf, web
> page(s), database, wall chart, desktop background)?

I would vote for html/web pages with pdf as an option (i.e. a link), if
you find it easy enough to make. This probably means you would like to
have the source in a form that allows generation of both pages and pdf
without much trouble. In this case, it seems there are more than few
options to choose from.

Perhaps in a form of Python code doing the job, with data in hashtables?
That would be so Pythonish :-).

> - Are there other aspects/pages that you'd like to see included?
> - Do you know of source(s) for which versions of CPython supported which
> operating systems (e.g. the first and last Python release that works on
> Windows 98 or Mac OS 9)? The best I've found so far is PEP 11

Nothing comes to my head ATM.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **