moerchendiser2k3, 10.01.2011 18:55:
If you can tell us why it's so important that the object be destroyed
at that given time, even while a reference to it exists, maybe we can
give you better suggestions.

Thanks for your answer! In my case the types A and B (in my example
above)
are a dialog and a dialog widget. At a special time I have to close
and
destroy all dialogs but this does not happen because the widget keeps
the dialog alive. I have the reference to the dialog
but after I closed the dialogs I also would like to destroy them
because they have to free some special ressources.

Objects within a reference cycle will eventually get cleaned up, just not right away and not in a predictable order.

If you need immediate cleanup, you should destroy the reference cycle yourself, e.g. by removing the widgets from the dialog when closing it.

Stefan