On 14-Jan-11 14:47 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

Hey,

On 14 Jan 2011 16:07:12 GMT
Steven D'Aprano<steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info>  wrote:

I also see no reason to reply to a simple question with such
discourtesy, and cannot understand why someone would be so aggressive to
a stranger.

If you think my reply was aggressive and discourteous, you've got a lot
to learn about public forums.

Perhaps you've got to learn about politeness yourself! Just because
some people are jerks on internet forums (or in real life) doesn't mean
everyone should; this is quite a stupid and antisocial excuse actually.

You would never have reacted this way if the same question had been
phrased by a regular poster here (let alone on python-dev). Taking
cheap shots at newcomers is certainly not the best way to welcome
them.

Thank you

Antoine.

+1