bansi wrote:
> First namelookupWrapper.py running under Python 2.6 accept arguments
> from stdin and uses csv reader object to read it i.e.
> r=csv.reader(sys.stdin)
>
> And then it has to pass csv reader object to another python script
> namelookup.py running under Python 2.7 because it uses pyodbc to
> connect to database and iterates thru reader object

Ben Finney wrote:
bansi <mail2ba...@gmail.com> writes:

Thanks Chris. Sorry for mis-communicating, the two python scripts are
dependant in a way that namelookupWrapper.py needs to pass csv record
object to another python script

Why have you structured them that way, though? What constraint is
keeping you from doing the work in a single process, where the CSV
reader object can be shared?

If thats not possible then please let me know how to do the workaround
i didnt understood the import thing and not sure if it helps in my
case

The problem as you've described it so far is best solved by having a
single process accessing the CSV reader object in memory. If that
doesn't suit your use case, you'll need to explain why not.

In other words, why can't you use Python 2.7 to accept input and generate a csv.reader?

~Ethan~