Daniel Stender, 31.01.2011 15:14:
I've found that there is the library python-dictdlib for concatenating
dict dictionaries, what would
be the best way to "de-XML" the source file?

How do you want to the dict to look like?

What's in<key1>  should be the "search word", the rest altogether belonging to
that in a single line
(with some minor modifications).

"the rest" isn't very precise, but here's an example of what you could do.

    from xml.etree.cElementTree import iterparse

    words = {}
    h_tags = ('H1', 'H2', 'H3')
    for _, element in iterparse('thefile.xml'):
         if element.tag in h_tags:
             words[element.findtext('h/key1')] = element

Since you didn't provide enough information, I have no idea what you want to make of the "h", "body" and "tail" tags. But I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Stefan