On 22-02-11 19:57, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:

Have you tried compiling it with Macports? The port file is too much
of a mess for me to figure out exactly what is getting called in what
circumstances, but whatever they're doing probably works.

I have not, and I don't intend to. I figure Python.org's build is not a macports one, and that it would be enough to have installed the Apple developer tools (Xcode + toolchain) and use that to build straight from the tarball. Have been doing that for ages, actually. I don't think I tried compiling a --enable-framework build before though, because that seems to be the only thing that's failing now.

Btw: just tried to compile Python 2.7.1 with --enable-framework, it compiled without error on the powerpc mac.

regards

Irmen de Jong