On 03/03/2011 01:32 AM, VGNU Linux wrote:

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Chris Rebert <c...@rebertia.com <mailto:c...@rebertia.com>> wrote:

    <mailto:c...@rebertia.com>> wrote:
    >> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM, VGNU Linux
    <vgnuli...@gmail.com <mailto:vgnuli...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    >> > How can I play WAV file in python without OS(like
    Linux/Windows/MAC) on
    >> > device ?
    >> > On Google I found lot of different solution but related to
    OS's like
    >> > winsound, ossaudiodev etc which are not useful.
    >>
    >> Do you mean you want your code to be cross-platform, or what?
    >> "Without OS" is rather vague. What are you trying to accomplish?
    >
    > I will be using WAVE on embedded devices, and the device will
    not have any
    > OS's. So I am looking for modules which can play WAVE sound without
    > underlying OS.

    What implementation of Python are you going to use? I don't personally
    know of any that can run on the "bare metal" without an OS.

I am planning to use python-on-a-chip(PyMite) which can be run without an OS therefore I am looking for a module/library which can play sound files.

    Cheers,
    Chris

As you wont be calling the OS via subprocess, which is about the only way to fire up some connect to the sound system, you probably should be talking about the pymite issues on the pymite group over at google about drivers (i.e. sound drivers), what data types (wav, mp3, ogg) they will take and how to pass data to a driver. The

nbed.AnalogOut looks intriguing. Perhaps you can spool a wav file to a port,
attach the
analog out to an external amplifier.

http://groups.google.com/group/python-on-a-chip?pli=1

Also, perhaps you should be looking atArduino and audio projects.

http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/

Good luck,

Steven Howe