Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is 'safe' to install Python 3.2 on CentOS? By 'safe' I
mean not breaking the existing base Python 2.4.x installation upon which
various CentOS/RHEL services (like yum) depend. Will the 'make install' install
3.2 in parallel with the existing 2.x installation, or break it? I'm new to
Python and OSS, but the little I've read indicates that this could be a major
risk.

My goal is to setup a dev platform (currently CentOS/Wing IDE/Python 3.2) and
learn Python 3.x (as apparently this is the future of the language), but at the
same time I'm looking to use CentOS as the server platform for deployment, and
so want to understand what's involved in managing Python installations/upgrades
on this platform.

Thanks in advance,

Rob