harrismh777 wrote:
That is the $10,000,000 dollar problem... how to extricate ourselves from the von Neumann processor. *Everthing* comes down to that... its hilarious to hear folks talk about lambda the ultimate (especially those guys on Lambda the Ultimate) when there is no such thing until such time as we have lambda the hardware architecture.

I think there are fundamental problems that go beyond the
issue of hardware design. It's easy to reason about a program
that does things one step at a time, much harder when lots
of things are happening at once. Whether you express the
program using lambda calculus or a Turing machine doesn't
change that fact.

--
Greg