harrismh777 wrote:
Lists by themselves, empty or not, cannot have a 'truth' in an of
themselves.

   ... forgot.,

   Based on Ian's comment a couple of days ago...

   if alist:

     ... is actually :

   if bool(alist):

I think this is more than just semantics or silly argumentation. Its important to understand where the boolean truth is coming from... my understanding 'now' is that the list[] has no such boolean attribute, but is cast for the 'if' construct....

so...    if alist:    is   -->  if bool(alist):

and...   if not alist:    is also  -->  if not bool(alist):

   The 'alist[]' has no boolean attribute,   right??

kind regards,

m harris