On 14/05/11 14:12, Andy Baxter wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on adding a Gtk GUI to a python program. Its main function is to read raw data from an arduino board over USB, and convert it to MIDI note/controller events to be sent to another program. I've had it working fine with just a command line interface, but when I replaced the command line with a Gtk interface, I started having problems getting the thread that reads the USB port to run.

I've solved this by adding 'import gobject' and 'gobject.threads_init()' to the start of the program. Looks like if you don't do this then the gtk main loop never releases the python threading lock to other threads.

andy