On 30/05/11 15:45, John Thornton wrote:
Hello
Is it a waste of time to try to get school admins to put python in their school laptops?

OK. Here's the crib for the rest[!] of the world. Here in Australia most secondary schools [that is kids from age approx 12-18] have some sort of netbook/laptop program. I have looked at a few schools and they put visual basic in but not python. [unless of course it's a mac where python may already be in it] . This is a curious omission when Blender needs python to run.

Even better, try convincing them to use Ubuntu instead of a virus called Where I Never Do Operations With Safety, or WINDOWS for short.
That way Python will come by default  and VB will be out of question
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.