Terry Reedy wrote:
Oh the irony of this proposal. You scolded us for breaking code with 2
to 3 changes, and here you propose a change more radical than anything
done in Python 3, and certain to break code, introduce bugs, complicate
the language, and reduce its functionality. Most of Guido's design
decision are rejections of such changes ;-).

   Yeah, I knew that was coming...   and I deserved it too!   :)

Yes, I'm torn a bit over this surprise. Because I really don't want anything like ambiguous AI intuitions going on in the interpreter... its just me whining out loud and realizing that explicit really is better than implicit... much of the time.

kind regards,
m harris