On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Abhijeet Mahagaonkar
<abhijeet.mano...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So i have requested a server space so I need some inputs on how i will be
> able to "host" these scripts on a webserver and have them run on browsers
> rather than on individual systems.

Python doesn't normally run in a web browser. There's two easy options:

1) Use very simple web hosting that lets people download scripts and
run them. Anything can do this, but all you gain is that they don't
have to keep a collection of scripts / EXEs on their hard drives.

2) Run the Python scripts on the web server. I don't know whether this
is even possible in your situation; it would turn them into quite
different tools.

I have no experience with it, but Jython can make applets. Again,
though, these would be quite different tools from simple Python
scripts. Web browsers aren't generally happy for in-browser scripts
to, for instance, read and write files on the user's hard drive.

I think you're ultimately going to need to keep on distributing those
scripts. But if you get your users to install a Python interpreter,
they need only install it once and then you can distribute all your
scripts in .py format rather than py2exeing them all.

Chris Angelico