On 6/26/2011 11:28 AM, rzed wrote:
steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info wrote in

Are you aware that you're trying to install a Python2 library
under Python3?

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, I am aware of the version
difference, but not of all the implications of that. I will run this
through 2to3, but even without doing that, there are only about four
syntax errors, and the others were obvious and easily corrected.

When you are done, I hope you feed results back to author as to how to make code run under Py3 without change (the explicit unpacking needed for Py3 works in Py2 also) or without further change after 2to3. Then encourage author to advertise fact and add Py3 classifier if listed in PyPI.

--
Terry Jan Reedy