* Gelonida (Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:57:57 +0200)
> What do I have to do under python windows to create a directory with
> all permissions, such, that new files / directories created below will
> inherit the permissions.

Exactly nothing (except creating the directory, of course).

> The reason I am asking is, that I'd like to create a directory
> structure where multiple users should be allowed to read / write /
> create files and directories.
>
> Alternatively it would be even better to specify exactly which users
> should be allowed to access the directory tree.
>
> I never used / modified Windows file permissions except once or twice
> via explorer. I'm thus a little shaky with Microsoft's file
> permissions.

Microsoft's permission handling hasn't changed in the last eleven years.
So you had a lot of time to learn about it. Do you see this "Learn about
access control and permissions" link when you're in the security tab?
Just click on it.

Thorsten