Today I found a quote from Guido.

wxPython is the best and most mature cross-platform GUI toolkit, given a number
of constraints. The only reason wxPython isn't the standard Python GUI toolkit
is that Tkinter was there first.
-- Guido van Rossum

OK, now. Isn't it maybe time to throw out TK once and for all? Python is
missing one of the most important aspects of todays IT industry. GUI
development native library (I mean a serious one).

If I would have gotten a dollar for every time I talked to someone in a company
about why they dont use python for their products and I was served the answer
"Well it kind of sucks in GUI development", I would be a millionaire.