Am 06.09.2011 20:27, schrieb Fred Pacquier:
Hi,

I'm a Python long-timer, but I've never had to use tools like Matplotlib&
others before.

Now, for my work, I would need to learn the basics fast, for a one-time
quick-n-dirty job.

This involves a graphic comparison of RFC1918 IP subnets allocation across
several networks.

maybe networkx
  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/networkx/1.5
  http://networkx.lanl.gov/
is a better solution for your problem
or
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/graphcanvas/4.0.0

The idea is to draw parallel lines, with segments (subnets) coloured green,
yellow or red depending on the conflicts between the networks.

What would be the simplest/fastest way of getting this done ?
(the graphic parts, the IP stuff I know how to handle)

Alternately, if someone knows of a ready-made and accessible tool that does
just that, I'm all ears :-)

TIA,
fp

hth