On 9/22/2011 9:00 AM Navkirat Singh said...
Hi Guys,

I have been a python developer for a bit now and for the life of me I am
not being able to decide something. I am trying to develop a web based
application in python. I am torn between using python 2 or 3. All the
good frameworks are still in 2.x. Now, cherrypy, sqlalchemy and jinja2
support python 3. But do I really want to do all the boilerplate work
again? I have this strong urge to use python 3 and call it my
indecisiveness , I am somehow not wanting to use 2.x, though it has
everything I need to build my app. Hence, I finally decided to turn to
the community for helping me make this decision.

I'd consider the development timeframe -- if it'll still be under development within the timeframe of migration and availability of desired tools then I'd start with 3 and focus on those parts that can be worked on. If your development timeframe is measured in weeks instead of quarters or years, I'd just get it done with 2.

Emile