On 02.10.2011 04:40, Gregory Ewing wrote:
Alexander Kapps wrote:

But I think a simple (and quick 'n' dirty) Tk MVC example can look
like this:

The Controller doesn't seem to add any value in that example.
You might as well connect the Model and Views directly to
each other.

Sure, in that simple example the Controller is just there to show a complete MVC pattern with all three parts. There are often examples where the View is actually both, the View and the Controller.

That's why I said that I'm not sure if I really understand the MVC pattern. There are so many different versions, sometimes strict and sometimes less strict, and I think what's the real problem with my example is, whether it is really correct to not connect the Model and the View directly, but to let the Controller "mediate" between both.