On 11/7/2011 3:47 PM, Stefan Krah wrote:
Juan Declet-Barreto<juan.declet-barr...@mesaaz.gov>  wrote:
Well, I am using Python 2.5 (and the IDLE shell) in Windows XP, which
ships with ESRI's ArcGIS. In addition, I am using some functions in the
arcgisscripting Python geoprocessing module for geographic information
systems (GIS) applications, which can complicate things. I am currently
isolating standard library Python code (e.g., os.walk()) from the
arcgisscripting module to evaluate in which module the environment
crash is occurring.

What *exactly* do you mean by "crash"?

It might be a good idea to check if the problem also occurs with Python 2.7
since Python 2.5 is no longer maintained.

And 2.7 has hundreds of more recent bug fixes. Just one could make a difference.

--
Terry Jan Reedy