On 11/17/2011 4:24 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:03:14 -0800, W. eWatson wrote:

I have not found any successful way to get to IDLE. It's on on the
right-click of a py menu, and, if I go the ...lib/idle.pyw, it fails
with a "invalid Win32 app" msg.

If you associate .pyw files with pythonw.exe, and then open idle.pyw,
does it work?

Failing that, go to your laptop where the associations are right, and see
what they are, then duplicate the settings on your Windows 7 machine.

Sounds like a good idea except I've not used associations in so long under XP, I have no idea where to start. Control Panel. My Computer Tools?