On 11/19/2011 5:51 AM, Alec Taylor wrote:
Works fine for me from msi install on Windows 8 x64 Dev Preview

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:06 AM, W. eWatson<wolftra...@invalid.com>  wrote:
Undoubtedly some of you have seen my post Both Python 2.5.2 and 2.7.2 flop
the same way under Win 7.

One thing I think no one has offered is whether their installation of 2.7.2
has the same IDLE oddity that I've described.  That is, if you right-click
on a py file, do you see a choice for the IDLE editor?