On Nov 15, 8:37 pm, Passiday <passi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a way how to bring Python interpreter to JavaScript, in
> order to provide a web-based application with python scripting capabilities.
> The app would have basic IDE for writing and debugging the python code, but
> the interpretation, of course, would be done in JavaScript. I'd like to avoid
> any client-server transactions, so all the interpretation should take place
> on the client side. The purpose of all this would be to create educational
> platform for learning the programming in python.
>
> I hoped somebody already had done something like this, but I couldn't google
> up anything. I've found some crazy project emulating PC in JavaScript (and
> even running Linux on top of it), but not a python interpreter.
>
> Of course, I could take the python source and brutally recode it in
> JavaScript, but that seems like awful lot of work to do. Any ideas how I
> should proceed with this project?

I think you may find it a little time consuming to reimpliment python
in javascript. I'm inclined to say "go for it" though since you may
create something awesome in the process ;)

If you want to take an easier route, may I point out
pythonanywhere.com? It doesn't run in the browser but does give safe
access to multiple python interpreters and from my own use I can say
that it works pretty well. You can even set up web apps using it. For
educational purposes it might be helpful to you.