On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Steven D'Aprano
<steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> wrote:
> Thank you Rick for yet another brilliant, well-thought-out idea. I look
> forward to seeing your fork of Python with this change. How is it going?
> I hope you aren't going to disappoint the legions of your fans who are
> relying on you to save the Python community from neglect.

But Steven, the shocking state of IDLE has utterly destroyed any
reputation Python may have had. There's not going to be any community
left to neglect, soon!

That said, though, the new string delimiters will solve many problems.
We should adopt a strict policy: all syntactic elements MUST be
comprised of non-ASCII characters, thus allowing all ASCII characters
to represent themselves literally. I'm not sure what "representing
themselves literally" would mean, since strings already have perfect
delimiters, but it seems like a good policy.

By the way, doubling the delimiter works for nesting strings. ئئ and
รร look just fine.

ChrisA