Hi list.

A bit new to Python so please forgive my potential ignorance.

I'm working with an embedded machine, which is using a Python script to oversee the acquisition of some data. The supervisor script, which is run by crontab every 5 minutes, relies on an environment variable to be set. I've tried to set the environment variable inside crontab, however this doesn't work when the script runs.

Is there a nice way to do this inside the supervisor script itself? Would an os.system("export foo=/bar/foo/bar") at the very beginning of the script do what I want? I would just like to check before I make changes, as being an embedded machine it's a bit of a pain to update things like this...(read only file system)

Note: This is for Python 2.4. I have no ability to update to anything newer as this is what our codebase relies upon.

Thanks and regards,
Ashton.

--
Ashton Fagg (ash...@fagg.id.au)