On 02/01/2012 12:21 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:06 AM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
I have a couple of questions about configobj, which I'm happily trying
to use for this project.

When asking about 3rd party modules, please include a url, so we can be sure of what you mean and even take a look. Is
www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html
what you mean?

Yes I meant that sorry.

which looked less complete and more cumbersome (to me at least)

Does ConfigParser have the same problems you found with ConfigObj.

Well no, but also because it just gets raw strings, and doesn't do any validation.
With ConfigObj I can do simply a spec file

skip_pesky_pyc_paths = string_list
include_extra_paths = string_list
use_real_dependencies = bool(default=False)
compute_dependencies_recursively = bool(default=False)

And the options which are not declared will default automatically to that value.
And also I never really liked the ConfigParser API..

Anyway I solved just leaving these long lists somewhere else, but otherwise
I think a better solution would be YAML in general (which doesn't have much validation either
apparently).