I have an application that I was hoping to reduce a bit the size of
its .exe when "packaged" with py2exe.  I'm removing some Python
modules such as Tkinter, etc., but now wonder how much I could size I
could reduce by refactoring--and therefore shortening--my code.

Is there a rule of thumb that predicts the relationship between the
number of lines of Python code and the resultant size of the
application (leaving aside the size of imported modules)?  Or is there
a way to roughly estimate how much would refactoring the code as much
as I reasonably can help?  (For example, in some cases there is some
cut and paste coding...I know, it's bad).