On 15/03/2012 11:48, Kiuhnm wrote:
On 3/15/2012 12:14, Thomas Rachel wrote:
Am 15.03.2012 11:44 schrieb Kiuhnm:

Let's try that.
Show me an example of "list comprehensions" and "with" (whatever they
are).

with open("filename", "w") as f:
f.write(stuff)

Here f is created before executing the block and destroyed right after
leaving the block. f's destructor will probably close the file handle.

with lock:
do_something_exclusively()

It's clear what it does, but I don't know if that's special syntax.
Maybe objects can have two special methods that are called respect. on
entering and leaving the with-block.
Or, more likely, lock creates an object which keeps the lock "acquired".
The lock is released when we leave the block.
So we could inspect the lock with
with lock as l:
inspect l...
do_some.....

BTW, aren't those ':' redundant?

Kiuhnm

Nope.

Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> with open("filename", "w") as f
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    with open("filename", "w") as f
                                  ^