On 3/16/2012 0:58, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 15/03/2012 23:46, Kiuhnm wrote:
On 3/16/2012 0:00, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:
On 15 March 2012 22:35, Ben Finney<ben+pyt...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
Kiuhnm<kiuhnm03.4t.yahoo.it> writes:

Moreover, I think that
if (............
............):
is not very readable anyway.

I agree, and am glad PEP 8 has been updated to recommend an extra level
of indentation for continuation, to distinguish from the new block that
follows<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#indentation>.

Personally I solve this by never writing if conditions that span more
than one line. If the worst comes to the worst, I would write:

aptly_named_condition = (
very long condition
that goes over
plenty of lines
)
if aptly_named_condition:
do stuff

Will I be able to use extra indentation in Python code?
For instance,

res = and(or(cond1,
cond2),
cond3,
or(and(cond4,
cond5,
cond6),
and(cond7,
cond8)))

I like it because it reads like a tree.

Kiuhnm

Why not find out for yourself by slapping the code into an interactive
Python interpreter and seeing what the result is?

Ok, it works. I had to use different names though.

Kiuhnm